Sunday, April 1, 2012

Keep your eyes on the prize.



















What a week.

So much catching up that I found myself wishing for more time in the day.

My neck continues to give me a lot of challenges.

I thought there for a couple of days I was feeling better.

But maybe it was just God's way of taking some of the load off.

We can't sit around thinking things away.

How many times have you said, “I want to lose weight”, or “Tomorrow, I’m going

to begin eating healthier?”, “My new work goal is to increase my productivity so

that I can rank in the highest percentile.”, or “I want to start saving more money.”

The one thing that is always missig is our own drive and determination.

We can't sit around without a strategy, hoping that somehow our goals will

magically achieve themselves.

If you’re anything like me, you will find that getting passionate about embarking

on a new goal really adds to one's motivation.

It is a journey.

An Adventure!

It's easy to get overwhelmed so the one thing that I recommend is to have a plan.

Write up a strategy and priortize your day, week month or year.

So that even if the excitement starts to fade away in a few days, and your newly

created goal slips in its ranking you will be able to stay on point.

I’ve realized too that not just writing it down, but talking about your new goal makes

it easier to stay on track.

Somehow sharing your goals with someone else adds to our own accountability.

Once you've created the new goal, and written down the timelines (strategy to get there),

you'll still need to ignite the flame within.

To keep that goal alive - put in into perspective.

Keep it alive like you would

a an open flame, and find ways to fuel the fire.

Visualize and manifest it.

Keep your eyes on the "prize" so to speak.

You're doing it for a worthwhile reason.

List them and remind yourself hourly, daily or weekly.

You can do it if you put yourself 100% into it.

Like you've heard me say (quote from me old music teacher),

Never say you can't, say that you'll try.

And try is not a word to be taken lightly.

Just got get it done!

Make it a great día!