Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Thanks for serving.










Last night one of my nephews called, he was leaving for his

fourth tour of Afghanistan.

We had a long conversation about the "Arab Spring."

We both look forward to the day when these countries are also free.

Our founding fathers said,

“The cost of freedom is eternal vigilance”

I also have another nephew in the Army and one in the Marines,

I’m grateful that these three young men and women chose to do what

many can't, or won't.

Today I'm grateful for our FREEDOM.

Having served honorably in the military,

I also accept any responsibility that may come with it..

To serve and assist a fellow citizen,

protect them when called upon,

and help keep our great nation safe.

Today I will also remember to honor our military -

veterans and present day warriors.

Make it a great día!