Thursday, September 1, 2011

Things I have been told and more..








My Father repeatedly told us about "You can either be the sheep or the shepherd.

He also was big on “Enjoying the journey.”

A dear music teacher told us, "Never say you can't, say you'll try!"

A Colonel told me to, “Be polite and be fair.”

A good friend once told me, “There should only be love

in our hearts for a difficult person."

St. Therese wrote, “No calculation."

William James said, “Act as I would feel” is a paraphrase of William James.

On my flight home recently I read Howell Raines’ commandments,

from "Fly Fishing Through the Midlife Crisis."

I liked what he had to say, especially when it came down to his five simple rules:

“Rule One: Always be careful about where you fish,

and what you fish for and whom you fish with.

Rule Two: Be even more careful about what you take home,

and what you throw back.

Rule Three: The point of all fishing is to become

ready to fly fish.

Rule Four: The point of fly fishing is to become reverent in the presence

of art and nature.

Rule Five: The Redneck Way and Blalock’s Way run along the same rivers,

but they do not come out at the same place.”

Do you remember the rules that you've been told?

How many of them do you still live by?

Make it a great día!