Thursday, September 29, 2011

Me worry?



















The long awaited surgery was delayed because the surgeon had a trauma case

that came up.

So la Senora and I had to take a breath and know that even a delay like this

was indeed out of everyone's hands.

If I had been in an accident I would have wanted the best ortho/neuro doing

the surgery on my back.

So why is it that a lot of us worry, some of us constantly?

Always concerned about the stuff that hasn't happened.

I find that meditation, and prayer always puts my worries into context.

Will what I am worried about this instant, matter a year from now?

Is what is upsetting me or making me lose sleep today,

going to make much difference to me a year from now?

If not, don’t let it upset your peace of mind today.

Even the "good" worrying... is not good for us either.

The type that keeps us from learning "present day" contentment.

To be appreciative and grateful for today.

And not always waiting anxiously for something "better" to happen.

After all these years, I have come to realize  that the purpose of life isn’t

necessarily to get everything right,

but to complete the right things.

And remember, everything in life is temporary, both the good

as well as the bad.

Don't be overly critical, judgmental, do be patient and listen.

Why worry about the things that haven't happened.

Make it a great worry free día!

Thanks for all your prayers and support.