Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Paying it forward with milk and a donut..













Yesterday morning I decided to swing through my favorite drive-thru

fast food to pick up a milk and a donut on my way to the office.

As I pulled up to the window to pay for my breakfast the cashier told me,

“You don't owe me anything Sir, the lady in front of you already paid

for your order.

She also told me to tell you to have a good day.”

I was really surprised, but it instantly made me smile.

I tried to get a glimpse of the lady as she drove away in an older car.

I waved like a mad man at her, but I’m not sure if she even saw me.

Soon she was out of sight.

The cashier handed me my food and I was still surprised by this wonderful

display of generosity.

Her gift was less than $5.00 but to give that to a total stranger

absolutely floored me.

This "pay it forward gift,"  had never happened to me before.

I’ve read about things like this, but no one has ever actually bought my food for me.

She didn't know if I needed her to. I am still excited that someone so

selflessly reached out to make a stranger’s day better.

I never would have guessed such a simple gesture could have truly

impacted my day so much!

I plan on doing it this morning.

Make it a great día!