Monday, June 27, 2011

Who are you preparing?

















We've all heard the refrain, that we will all get the most out of our lives

if we can leave this earth having made a difference in just one person.

I have been mentored throughout my life and have always tried to pay it forward.  

I believe we must approach this challenge with a generous spirit and giving mind.

We need to help other people, as we were once helped ourselves.

Whether at the office, at school or at home we must do our share of mentoring.

So your job and mine, is to take someone's personal or professional development seriously.

It must also be an ongoing and continuous process.

A process that is seen by both the mentor and those being

mentored as true growth opportunities for all.

It’s the "pay it forward" process of preparing the people that will one day take our place.

Although it may seem slow and sometimes painful to sit back,

and observe them as they begin their process…

there is no painless way to develop anyone.

These could very well be the people who will one day follow in our footsteps.

Or better yet reach greater heights and become tomorrow's leaders.

"If I accept you as you are, I will  make you worse; however if I treat you as though
you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that." - Thomas J. Watson 


Make your actions count - make it a great día!