Sunday, May 8, 2011

Feliz Dia de las Madres!















Tuesday will be a sad day in my life..

it will be the first time, the first Mother's Day that I can't call to talk to you,

to tell you just how much you mean to me.

In Mexico Mother's Day is always celebrated on May 10th, no matter what day it falls on.

This Mother's Day I long to see you and hold you.

I remember all the off key, early dawn serenades we brought you.

You can't imagine how much I've missed you these past ten months.

I will love you till eternity ... my dear (Viejita) little old woman,

Tuesday morning on my walk I will yell up to the sky..

loud so that you can hear me say, Happy Mother's Day!.

To all the Mothers, Step Moms, Foster Mothers or Adoptive Moms of the world I wish you

a very happy Mother's day,

one surrounded by your children and loved ones.

That they remember to share all the pleasant moments,

and memories that only a Mother can create.

That they take advantage of being with this woman,

who gives everything and asks nothing in return.

Her sacrifice and sleepless nights are priceless.

No one worries or fusses about their children like them.

A fierce protector and a loving nurturer.

Inspirational, loving, funny, caring and generous that is how I remember you.

That is that woman I called Mother.

Feliz Día de Las Madres!