Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Winter wonderland morning.















Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories.
- Anonymous

It began around 3:00 this morning.

My outdoor thermometer readings have continued to drop all morning. 


They are now saying that the temperatures will not get any higher then 19 degrees today.

Pretty darn cold, I'd say.

Freezing rain and sleet is still coming down but that too should change to snow later this morning.

The weatherman is now saying to expect snow flurries and snow showers this afternoon and I can't wait.


I have fed the birds and Herbert the cardinal and his wife have already visited.

I also have a small squirrel taking shelter in one of my birdhouses in the tree.

I can already see an accumulations of  2" on my front lawn.

My biggest worry is an old oak tree in my backyard - the winds are blowing pretty strong from a Northwestern direction.

If it picks up and or gusts the high 45mph they expect we might have problems.

Stay warm - stay home and enjoy the view.

If you have to get out make sure you drive slow... very slow.

Make it a great dia!