Thursday, February 10, 2011

Learn to circle your wagons.












Have you ever been confronted by some situation that has led to moments of deep frustration and intense anxiety?

I've certainly had my share.

I am fortunate that my military experience has really honed my adaptability and resilience.

Although surrendering is not something we were taught and for that matter I readily do, I will give any challenge my ultimate effort.

If for whatever reason I am still faced with impending failure, then and only then will I re-access surrendering.

Much like the circling of the wagons in the old westerns I too will do and try every possible solution before giving up.

It is only at this point (when the dust has settled), that I might accept the situation and surrender.

I then apply a regroup mentality and go from surrender to acceptance quickly.

I have found that by accepting a hard fought surrender, I am able to release all tension, frustration and anxiety.

It also allows time to create inner balance and gives me an opportunity to learn the lesson I was posed.

I believe every situation, no matter how dire.. has a solution.

Every battle won or lost have lessons to be learned.  

Every success or failure also brings opportunity.

Make it a great dia!