Sunday, January 9, 2011

We are what we THINK.













My Father always talked about leadership.

About the many ways to lead.

It was never about leading through force.

Good leaders after all create a trust that inspires others to follow.

One of his favorite quote was, "In LIFE you can either be the SHEEP or the SHEPARD,"

He said we were our "THOUGHTS."

Through life he ensured that our thoughts were congruent with how we lived.

I am grateful today for the many moments and hours he spent leading the family.

Inspiring each of his loved ones to become leaders.

I sat down and thought about his, "We are what we think," motto.

I wrote down these twenty-one words that describe how I think... 

I think and I am a great leader but I am also:

Optimistic,
Trustworthy,
Ambitious,
Diplomatic,
Genuine,
Open Minded,
Passionate,
Socially Conscious,
Perceptive,
Personable,
A Good Listener,
Adaptable,
Loyal,
Competitive,
Results Driven,
Focused,
Open Minded,
Artistic,
Self Disciplined,
Tolerant,
Caring.

People that know me would say the same.

Sit down and write the qualities you bring to the table. 

Sit down and describe what you are...

I began looking for other references to my Father's "We are what we think."

I found other thinkers that wrote:

In Proverbs 23:7 it states, “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.”

I found another one by of my favorite authors who wrote, “Life consists in what a man is thinking of all day.” This one is by Ralph Waldo Emerson.

What are you THINKING?

Make it a great dia!