Thursday, November 18, 2010

A simple pleasure...















I know its only mid November but I am already preparing my reading project for 2011.

I plan on reading a book a month in 2011, I will finally read that book that has been on my shelf for who knows how long.

A few of them I was given as gifts and I had really hoped to have read them by now and never got around to them.

A couple others I have picked up at garage sales and of a few at my favorite bookstore Half Price Books.

Here are the must read list of 12 that I have selected:

( I'll be sure to give you some progrss updates throughout the year.)

Ulysses
Cien años de soledad.

Shattered Sword
Their Eyes Were Watching God
Absalom, Absalom!
Doctor Zhivago
Farewell to Arms

The Greatest Generation
Yo no vengo a decir un discurso

Flag of our Fathers
No hay siolencio que no termine
Asi hablo Zarathustra

All of these, except for a couple have been in my library for over two years. 

I have finished reading about eleven already including Middlemarch, Great Expectations, Don Quixote and War and Peace.

What are you reading?

Reading is one of the most relaxing and peaceful, as well as inexpensive "get aways" one can reward themselves with.

What books will you read next year?

It's never too late to pick one up and begin to enjoy your adventure..

Make it a great reading dia!