Saturday, November 13, 2010

Only then will I stop loving you...



















Love is the essence of one's life.

There are all types of LOVE...

Unconditional, spiritul, companionate, conditional, romantic... and there's paternal, maternal and even a puppy love type of LOVE.

But has a loved one ever asked you how long you would love them?

What if they asked you how long you have loved them?

Weird, I know but recently I was asked that very question.

What if you answered it like this....

If one day I should be asked about  LOVE...  and asked how LONG I’ve loved you?

I'd have to answer by saying, "Long before we ever met."

If one day you should ask how MUCH I LOVE you?

I’d have to answer by saying that my LOVE can’t be measured.

Moreover it’s completed me and was all encompassing.

I'd like you to imagine yourself on a beach, with a long stemmed red rose in hand.... 

One perfect and beautiful flower on a slow early dawn walk on a quiet beach.

As you walk you can feel the warm breeze blowing across your face.

Then you begin to gently tear each petal off the stem and release each one high into the air.

Allowing every petal to be blown into the sea...

 and watching them as they wash away with the ocean's flow.

Looking over the shimmering seas you can barely see them on the crest of each wave...

flowing out and then almost returning with the ebb of each wave.

The tiny red petals look almost like brilliant red tiny kisses flowing back to you.

It is at that point that I am loving you...

Yet only when all the rose petals have washed back ashore and you begin to collect them…

Only then when you can completely piece all the red petals... that once made the beautiful rose back together.

Only then on that very day… and at that very moment...

will you know that I have stopped loving you.

Make it a loving great dia!