Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Get your spurs on...















With so much sadness in my family' life lately I thought I would watch a movie that has always made me laugh - no actually hurt me in the side with laughter, comedy... called "Blazing saddle".

It was directed by Mel Brooks back in 1974 with quite a few actors including Gene Wilder, Dom DeLuise, Alex Karras, Slim Pickens, Madeline Kahn and Harvey Korman and even musician Count Basie.

If you have never watched it, you need to.

It's about a corrupt political boss in a rustic little town. 

He intentionally appoints a black sheriff because he thinks that by doing that he is sure to ruin the town.

The sherriff "Bart" played by by Cleavon Little promptly becomes his most formidable adversary and the town's hero. 

It is also full of anachronisms, like a Jazz band in the Wild West, to a cattle rustler talking about the Wide World of Sports to a camel waiting in the line for villains and even Nazis... crazy, bizarre and very funny.

Ole Lyle says, "Come on, boys! The way you're lollygaggin' around here with them picks and them shovels, you'd think it was a hundert an' twenty degree. Can't be more than a hundert an' fourteen."

Maybe I too have been a bit off my own mark and lollygaggin a bit lately -

Some days we just have to put our spurs on and get movin'.

 Make it a great dia!