Friday, September 24, 2010

Lessons from Parker and his amigos...















Lately my loyal companion has been very therapeutic.

I have been taking Parker to the local dog park.

I must admit I have learned a lot in the past couple of weeks.

Here’s just a few things that Parker's amigos have taught me:

1. If you wag your tail, people will pet you. We don’t have tails, but we do have the human equivalent which is a smile. Use it!

2. If you love someone, let them know. Dogs have no problem expressing their affection spontaenously.

3. There’s no such thing as strangers. I’ve had many strange dogs jump up to greet me.

4. You don’t need much to be happy. Dogs with their simple existance seem to be really, really happy.

5. You’re never too old to play. Even the elderly canines aren’t too sophisticated to chase a ball or play in the mud and get dirty.

6. Everything is an adventure to them. Everything can be an adventure if we allow ourselves to see it that way. I have yet to hear a dog complain about being bored.

7. Give lots of hugs and kisses. They are a renewable resource.

8. A full belly and a good nap are two of life’s greatest pleasures.
Parker always seems to have a content look on his face after either of these. 

Make it a great dia and an even better weekend!